Thursday, January 3, 2008

Afternoon at Cafe Fiore


Finally finished! My photo flattens out the various areas (including the faces) which gave me so much trouble. They look much better in the original. I will be taking this to a critique group on Saturday as I'm curious to see if I get any decent feedback. But I like the narrative, the story between the two central figures. I have my own version of the story but I want those who look at it to make up their own stories. Will these two have a happy ending? I think that the central figure has just asked a question but how will the woman answer it? Is she thinking or avoiding the gaze. I even like the gender ambiguity of the main person. My technique is not good enough for what I want to do but the only way to get better is to slog along and keep on painting.

No comments: