Friday, May 16, 2008

Three Blue Eggs


I was looking out my back window the other day and just happened to look down. There was a bird's nest in the tree below my back porch. The first time I looked, there was only one egg, but the next day there were three. Every time I open the window on the back porch, even if I try to be very quiet, Momma Bird hears me and flies off squawking. She lands on a branch a few feet from the window and scolds me the whole time I'm taking the photo. Do you suppose she wants me to sign a photo release or give her copyright fees?

I had planned to get a bird feeder today to make sure that there is some bird seed for but my energy withered in the continuing onslaught of our heat wave.

Seriously, I know that she's protecting her young from the evil bad in the sky (c'est moi!). So, I try not to disturb her too often. She's still sitting on the nest and I have no idea how long it takes eggs to hatch. Stay tuned for further developments!

2 comments:

Sheree Rensel said...

Those eggs are SO COOL. The pic looks too perfect. The blue is so unexpected. What a great photo! Thanks.

Zoomie said...

What kind of bird is she? Robin? You could try putting up a temporary "blind" on your window (just a piece of fabric or paper) with a hole in it so you could peek at her without disturbing her.

What fun!