Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Sky In Motion


túrána hott kurdís by hasta la otra méxico! from Till Credner on Vimeo.

Explanation: Still need to come up with a good new year's resolution? Consider one appropriate for 2009, the International Year of Astronomy; just look up -- experience, learn, and enjoy the changing sky. This 4-minute, time-lapse video is composed from a series of 7,000 images highlighting much of what you could see. Arcing through the sky in a stately reflection of planet Earth's own rotation are Moon, Sun and stars. But the sequence also features satellites and meteors streaking overhead, clouds moving along the horizon changing in a beautiful iridescence, and beaming crepuscular rays.

Found elesewhere but with my answers: I ask myself the questions from the end of Inside the Actor's Studio, which came from two French television shows by Bernard Pivot, because I like to follow how the answers change over time:

What is your favorite word? Creativity followed by compassion.
What is your least favorite word? Torture, followed by politician's lies
What sound or noise do you love? The sound of the sea
What sound or noise do you hate? The music/noise from the upstairs neighbors
What turns you on? Art. Friendship.
What turns you off? Ignorance. Cruelty.
What occupation would you like to try? Dancer.
What occupation would you least like to try? Any of my former ones.
What's your favorite curse word? Shit.
If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you reach the pearly gates? Welcome. Listen to the silence of the spheres.

8 comments:

tangobaby said...

What a great post. Of course you know I love the video but now I also know what your favorite swear word is. These things are important!

happy new year, namastenancy!

xoxo

namastenancy said...

Re; Favorite Swear word - you know, it's hard to narrow it down to one. I know many and use then A Lot! Happy New Year to you, ma cherie - may you tango into and throughout 2009!

tangobaby said...

That's what swear words are for!

;-)

See you next year!

lotusgreen said...

lovely. thank you. happy new year.

namastenancy said...

Thank you for stopping by. Your blog is one of my favorites. It's both beautiful and informative.

lotusgreen said...

thank you! (i forwarded the url to the friend who got me to noticing iridescence and sundogs and halos and all. i think she'll like it too)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this! I shared "the sky in motion" with a few people. Really beautiful post. We had a telescope when I grew up. My favorite thing in nature is the sky.

Eva

Zoomie said...

Happy New Year - I like your answers to Pivot's questions. I should do that, too, just for fun!