Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Top Artists?

Interview with Sarah Jessica Parker about the new reality show that she's co-sponsoring:
http://www.artnet.com/magazineus/news/artnetnews/sarah-jessica-parker-art7-6-09.asp

Do you suppose that we will now have a new brush off line - pack up your brushes/chisel/ photography supplies and go home? You are OUT! Will this be complete with the uber-bitchy "interview" with the loser du jour and the drum roll music? Ms. Parker gave the interviewer three minutes so it's really difficult to tell what the format can be but I think that the concept sucks.

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

So much depends on the format - if they have to produce quickly like the contestants on the "Runway" show, it will be dreadful. On the other hand, if the artists are given time, it could be very interesting. I've enjoyed the "Runway" despite the catty comments by the contestants - it's interesting to see what they come up with in the various challenges. I guess I'm a little more upbeat about the concept than you are but, like you, I'm in "show me" mode. I'll watch the first episode, anyway, and see what I think.