Friday, October 2, 2009

My 500th post - Open Studios Coming up

The magical 500. WOW! This is amazing. I didn't realize that I'd reached the magical 500 number until I looked at my stats today. It's been an interesting journey, from a rambling, unfocused blog to one that is focused on art, art reviews and news. It's opened doors for me for which I am extremely grateful. I've met a lot of interesting people and hope to meet even more. However, I do find it extremely ironic that my journey as an artist has taken this turn. When I retired, I thought that the community that would open up for me would be one of fellow painters and calligraphers. I never expected to find the open door to community via arts journalism. Here's a toast to the next 500 posts and maybe, even, 500 more after that.

I'm taking this opportunity to plug my own Open Studios event. My studio, (#27) at 689 Bryant Street, will be open October 23, 24 and 25. The opening reception on Friday, October 23rd (from 6-9) will be a benefit auction for RAMS. I will be open on Saturday on Sunday from 11-5 and I am praying that this time the studio won't be as uncomfortably hot as it was last spring.

Who is RAMS?
RAMS epitomizes San Francisco's cultural diversity, providing mental health services to over 10,000 underserved adults, families and children in 30 different languages & dialects throughout San Francisco. It is one of the largest mental health nonprofits in San Francisco, with a large presence in SOMA, the Tenderloin, and Potrero. Among the many served by RAMS are our neighbors at the St. Vincent DePaul Shelter.



SOMA Artist Studios
689 Bryant St. at 5th
San Francisco, CA

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I would come bid if I were not here.