Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Henri Cartier-Bresson opening at SFMOMA



I was privileged today to preview this show and I'm still mulling over the images. In fact, the show is so powerful, so beautiful (but never banal) that I'm sure I will return again and again. It will take a while for me to find the words to do justice to his vision but in the meantime, enjoy the interview which he did with Charlie Rose. Cartier-Bresson's widow was at the preview today and said that he gave Charlie a hard time. If he did, it only made for a better interview.

Opening at SF MOMA on October 30th.

2 comments:

julie said...

I have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER to see this show. I am so excited that you got to see it already. I know I will be a frequent visitor to this exhibit, especially after seeing the HCB documentary recently, The Impassioned Eye. It was so inspiring to hear his take on photography. Made me reconsider a lot of what I do, in a good way.

namastenancy said...

I have the catalog which you are welcome to borrow once I finish writing my "real" review. We should visit the show together and I can "interview" you about photography - once your own show is over and you have a life again. It's up until January so we have some time.