Sunday, October 17, 2010

Open Studios, 2010

It was an exhausting - and for the most part - slow three days. Friday night was made bright by the visit of Anna and friends (Read her report here: http://workingartistsjournal.blogspot.com/2010/10/open-studios-2010-second-weekend.html.)


Anna captured some wonderful images of my new work, mixed media work based on the Elgin Marbles

I love showing my work to friends but they couldn't stay long as they were off to cover several more exhibits after visiting me. Saturday and Sunday were also slow but with the rain on Sunday, I didn't expect anything different. In fact, I enjoyed the slow start today with the sound of rain on the sky lights and the quiet bustle of us setting up our spaces. But again, the time went faster by various discussions about art, visits from friends and even former customers who came back to chat (no sales, alas).  I have to smile when a potential client comes in, loves the work but tells me that he or she will think about it and be back. They seldom are but I suspect that it's just a face saving device.

But money isn't everything, is it? The pieces that I sold are:

Astrolabe, collage on paper.
White Line, Black Sun
Rocking Chairs

4 comments:

Sandra Yagi said...

Wished I could have been there... the pieces you sold are beautiful. I still really like that elgin marble piece that is on the wall behind you in the photo.

Zoomie said...

I was sorry to miss it, too, but it sounds like it was a success despite the rain.

bluemonk said...

Congratulations on your sales! You have some perceptive collectors.

namastenancy said...

Thanks to all of your for your generous comments and support throughout the year. I am rich indeed in friends and for those who buy my work, well, I'd like to think that they are perceptive and that the value of my art will go up and up and up. I have this fantasy that some 23rd century archaeologist will uncover my paintings and laud me as the great artistic genius of 21st century SF - another one of the great ranks of anonymous!