Sunday, December 12, 2010

USA fellows 2010 announced

Allison Smith, part of installation at SFMOMA
  
Two of the 2010 grant winners work here in the Bay Area. I like Allison Smith's work - quilts, needlework all put together in an intelligent conceptual framework.  I am not at all familiar with Ms. Green's work but that type of installation and media work is not my taste. Still, Congratulations! Two of the nine winners are located here and they are both women. That's not too shabby. Now, off to check to see if either one has been reviewed by the esteemed art critic in our local fish wrapper (the one he writes for, not the one I write for).

http://www.examiner.com/museum-in-san-francisco/usa-fellows-2010-announced

1 comment:

A Cuban In London said...

I love that installation so much!

It's funny that I wasn't into installations until I moved to the UK. I always saw them as pretentious constructs by wannabe artists. But over the years I have been won over, especially by some of the works I've seen at Tate Modern.

Many thanks.


Greetings from London.