Monday, April 25, 2011

New work up

My new watercolors are up in the "April" folder. I can see all my mistakes but taken as a whole, they aren't bad. I have to resist the temptation to overwork areas. In fact, I think I ruined one of the pieces by going in for "just one more wash of color." It looked dreadful; I've corrected the area with gouache and then, some careful overpainting but I can tell the difference between that area and the rest of the piece. All of these pieces are small (8 1/2 x 11) which gives me more control and also, will make them easier to mat and frame - and hopefully, more salable when Open Studios rolls around.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49938734@N06/sets/72157626444788213/

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

These are all nifty - especially the peony? in the glass vase, shedding petals - but all are interesting and beautiful. An unusual take on flowers, almost ominous in some ways while retaining beauty. Good work!

namastenancy said...

Thank you! I am having a lot of fun working with watercolors but I don't see anything ominous in them. But if you do - GREAT! I love that others look at my work and see something I didn't know was there.