Sunday, May 22, 2011

O frabjous day

Red Shoes @ Nancy Ewart. 2011. Watercolor on paper.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
  He chortled in his joy. (from Jaberwocky by Lewis Carroll).

It's too bad that there isn't a beamish boy to slay the Jabberwock of fundamentalist preachers, spreading fear to their flocks. Not to mix metaphors (well, yes, I'm mixing metaphors) but they are wolves in wolves clothing and do untold damage. 

I put on my red shoes and went to celebrate the non-event with friends. We ate just about everything on the menu at Mazzat, a Lebanese restaurant not too far from where I live. We strolled home through the still-light city replete with food, friendship and grateful for another day on this planet.

4 comments:

Zoomie said...

Nancy, what a marvelous painting! I want it!

namastenancy said...

AH shucks! It's just a small watercolor (8 1/2 x 11) but I hope that you can see it in person. If you still like it, well, it's not going to be very expensive.

Zoomie said...

If it's not hugely expensive, I'd be willing to buy it sight unseen. Send me an email with the particulars and we'll work out something.

A Cuban In London said...

That was a fabulous post. Another day on this beautiful planet. Unfortunately we still have to share it with that lot. :-)

Greetings from London.