Friday, September 16, 2011

Mermaid

Off to see another opening - this one of Korean ceramics which I love. Last week I saw some "new" ceramics at SFMOMA which I thought were grotesque lumps of nothing. I could not think of anything positive to say about them --- so I didn't. But the Asian is reopening the Korean wing with new ceramics and new art by Korean artists which I know I will enjoy, having had a sneak peak at it earlier this week.

I am struggling with the second of the "Blue Serenity" paintings but it's not exciting me. I think the piece is too boring and blah and I don't know what to do. Maybe I will give up on the idea of having it as a duo and just start over with something else.

But in the meantime I took out one of my sketches from the Ruth Asawa Fountain in Ghiradelli Square and dashed off a quick piece with Walnut ink highlighted by Sumi ink. I really like the freshness and looseness of it. I didn't even clean up the edges because that's part of the charm for me.

No comments: