Sunday, January 8, 2012

Winter Salads

 courtesy Ramona Soto. Used with permission.

It's close to 70 degrees here with blue skies and balmy breezes. It seems ridiculous to write about winter but I wrote the piece last week and didn't have time to publish it. So, whatever the weather, I'm going to post it, darn it!

I was so groggy this morning that I didn't realize I'd published it under my "other" title of museum examiner, not frugal grocery reviewer. But it published in the right section so I'm going to leave it be.

Nobody's perfect.
http://www.examiner.com/museum-in-san-francisco/winter-salads

3 comments:

Zoomie said...

All those ingredients look beautiful - you should do a still life from them before making salad.

Zoomie said...

I especially love the blue rubber bands around the orange carrots. Zing!

namastenancy said...

If I decide to paint a still life, I always have the photo for reference. But there is nothing like a salad made from the freshest ingredients. At the rate that I paint, those poor vegetables would be ready for the compost heap before I was half-way finished.