Friday, May 25, 2012

'Phantoms of Asia' at the Asian Art Museum

At the Asian Art Museum (courtesy of the Asian Art Museum). Jakkai Siributr, Karma Cash. © Jakkai Siributr. Courtesy of Tyler Rollins Fine Art.

The new show at the Asian Art Museum is at the top of my Memorial Day Weekend picks but the rest of the shows around the bay ain't half bad either.

The red lotus that was just installed in the Civic Center Plaza is the outside symbol of an exciting, exhausting and bold exhibit inside the revamped  Beaux Arts building that formerly housed the old San Francisco Public Library.

http://www.examiner.com/article/take-an-art-break-this-memorial-day-weekend

1 comment:

A Cuban In London said...

Ahhh, how I wish I could be there to visit this exhibition. As it happens, I will be paying a visit to the National Gallery soon. I was there recently and (again!) stopped by the Impressionisn rooms. Love that photo. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.