Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Changes in attitude, changes in lattitude

I decided to try one of the new layouts and I am not that impressed. Blogger (with Google) seem to have as many options as the template but once I changed it, I couldn't go back.

In order to have the spacing the way I wanted it, I gave up my blog description, added a photograph that I took up at the Legion,  but kept the title (natch). There didn't seem to be any way to move the description up or down, center it or change the font to something that looked better. I'm sure that there IS a way but I haven't figured it out yet. I am always striving for a clean, clear layout, one that's easy to read and where both text and image are balanced. So, I think that part is acceptable but I'd sure like to customize the header more.

Consider this a work in progress and comments are welcome.

4 comments:

Zoomie said...

Because the photograph (which is beautiful, BTW) is a deep rectangle, I'd try to lower the title a bit, if the program will allow you to do that. As it is, when the page opens, the title is almost out of sight at the very top.

I like the new look, however, and I know you will tweak it until it's just right.

namastenancy said...

That IS the problem with the new layout - I can't manipulate where the title goes. I tried the option which states that the title comes after the photo but then, the title disappeared. Girrrrrrr...But the rest of the layout looks OK. I want to change the color of the font on the sites but haven't gotten around to that yet. I put this off as long as I could but que sera, sera. Thanks for commenting -

dave94015 said...

I embedded a title in the photo (adding a text layer in photoshop). I also made the size exactly as the rectangle of the header in the template's css file. Hope that helps.
Your header looks OK, but the picture may be overly large for tablet viewing.

namastenancy said...

Darn - I don't have photoshop but I might be able to embed text in the photo and then upload it. I am afraid that I lack the skills and the tools but I'll give it a try - thanks for the info and the feedback.