Friday, November 16, 2012

It's Friday already?

This has been a crazy, busy week with lots of things to do, including previewing the new show of 18th century French decorative art at the Legion and a wonderful show about Ezra Jack Keats, a children's book illustrator, at the CJM.

Next on my to-do list is an interview with Rachal Sager, a young artist that I met at Open Studio.

I see so much art that my eyes glaze over but I was immediately struck by Rachel's work, by the combination of lighteness and intensity in her paintings. I felt that her work is lyrical, spiritual even but underpinned by technical skill, knowledge of her materials and a thoughtful point of view.


http://www.rachelsager.com

But now, duty calls and I must obey. The kitchen pantry needs refilling, the floor needs sweeping and mail needs to be read. Then, I can sit back and think about how to properly write about all the inspiring art that I've seen this week.

No comments: