Saturday, July 20, 2013

The fog hovers over the city

SF Fog hovering over Potrero Hill this morning (grabbed from twitter and did not save the source) so THANK YOU to whoever took this photo. I have been writing to some Internet friends on the East Coast where it's 96 degrees and climbing. Yesterday a friend who lives in Virginia sent me a photo of a totally collapsed squirrel who didn't even have the energy to move when she and her dogs walked by. It was 105 degrees. 

There's a funny little thread on twitter around an anonymous tweeter called "Karl the Fog." (https://twitter.com/KarlTheFog). I highly recommend following his tweets and the responses for those who do and don't appreciate our weather. His web page, http://about.me/karlthefog, has his motto: "All that is sunny does not glitter, not all those in the fog are lost." As a long time San Franciscan, I approve the sentiments. 

We are so lucky in our weather and for those here who moan about the fog, don't look to me for sympathy. I am with Carl on this one:

The fog comes

on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

For once, I agree with you. Even just a few miles inland, they are sweltering, while we remain cool. I usually long for about 10 more degrees of warmth than we get, but at least we aren't dying of the heat.

nancy namaste said...

Hawaii's balmy weather is a far cry from the 100+ temperatures inland or on the East Coast.