Friday, October 18, 2013

SFMOMA and Metropolitan Museum jointly acquire a major work by South African artist William Kentridge



Marking a major collaboration between two leading U.S. museums, The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) announced today the joint acquisition of South African artist William Kentridge’s major multimedia installation The Refusal of Time (2012). 

Essay by Liz Hager: http://venetianred.net/2009/05/29/william-kentridge-last-days-in-san-francisco/

http://www.examiner.com/article/sfmoma-and-the-met-jointly-acquire-major-piece-by-william-kentridge

2 comments:

AphotoAday said...

I'm no authorized critic, but I know what I don't like. This is pretty darn bad, in my honest opinion, but what do I know.

Namastenancy said...

Kentridge is hard to "get" and I am not sure that I really do. But I actually sat down and watched on of his pieces from beginning to end. I am not sure it actually clarified all the intellectual text that went around it but it was...interesting.

However, the older I get, the more I like photography such as yours and more visual (less dependent on text) work.