Friday, August 8, 2014

The Saga of the Printer

My old printer has been slowly dying for some months. My new printer was delivered some time ago but I wanted to get the last bit of work out of the old one.

However, my old one really died this morning - the sound of gears clashing could have awakened the dead. So I knew it was time. I hated to see my ink go to waste so if anybody has a Canon MP 620, the unopened ink is free for the taking. I won't ship across country but otherwise, there's a lot of money going to waste.

By 5 PM I was half way there - printer unboxed - ton of plastic, ink cartridges put in, printer initialized and software downloading. Not too shabby. By now you would think I would not be nervous about a new printer - I have had many over the years, installed them without much trouble and worked them until they died.

And now at 6 PM - SUCCESS. Drivers installed and the first document printed out.

WHEW!

Tomorrow I will see how to scan and print out on fancy paper. Sufficient unto the day....

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

Hope it prints images as beautiful as the originals!

nancy namaste said...

Me too!