Friday, April 15, 2016

Homer crosses the Rainbow Bridge


A dear friend of mine lost her beloved dog today and I was reminded of this poem, written by another friend (long gone) who mourned the loss of her four legged companion by this poem:

I see you in a corridor of light
Waiting for me to follow
But the gate has closed and locked
Behind you,
Before me.

Turn, dear friend, and see
The shining meadow waiting,
Feel your body young and whole again,
Made for dancing through
Yellow flowers in the sun.

Meet me there some day
When the gate swings wide for me;
We will always find each other,
You know
and I promise

Shirley Fitkee Morrisk

2 comments:

Karen Graham said...

A beautiful tribute, Nancy. I remember when my dear Tiffany passed away. She was 17 years old, and my very best friend. I still mourn the loss of my wonderful companion, but yes, dogs do go to heaven, and I know I will see her again.

Zoomie said...

Lovely poem. Sad for the owner, as they leave such a big hole in the heart.