Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wednesday Farmer's Market

I try to get to the Farmer's Market at the Civic Center every Wednesday. I buy my eggs from people who really do have genuine organic eggs and then, I just let myself roam through the market, buying whatever takes my fancy. Today I had other errands so I didn't have lunch from one of the food trucks at the Market but that's another thing that I love to do and which I now enjoy more than ever, given my long absence from the pleasures of simple shopping.

 This generic stall is at the entrance of the market. You really have to pick through the produce to get anything good. I don't know where they get their stuff but I doubt if it's organic. But it's cheap and for a lot of people who shop at the Civic Center, cheap is the only thing that's important.

Real locally produced honey. The stuff that you see in the stores is not local, it's certainly not organic and it's just plain sugar. Organic and local has the benefits of real honey and you will be buying and supporting a local business.
Fresh, organic, non sprayed and full of flavor.

Spring Bouquet

Turnips and Parsnips


Photo of the ladies who sell the food they get for free from the SF Food Bank. 

1 comment:

Carla Ives said...

Thank you for introducing me to the Civic Center Farmer's Market in San Francisco! We have nothing like that here, but I live out in the sticks. About an hour away is the Columbus Market and that's close. The fun part of these markets is picking through things. Hopefully, you get what you pay for! Wonderful mix of pics and artwork!!!